Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Mike Woodruff

To All who Knew "The Ted"!

As Matt's Dad, I remember him telling me, I was going to have the opportunity to meet Katie's Dad. My wife, Teresa & I already knew Jane from back in the "ole school days", so we were anxious to meet Ted! All Matt told me was how much he liked Ted, and that we would like him too! He mentioned that he had the most unorthodox golf swing he had ever witnessed! Game On!

The day came to meet Ted. The moment we met Ted a big "smile" came across his face and he said, "I have been waiting to meet both of you, b/c I think we are going to be seeing a lot of each other in the near future". He gave us both a "big bear hug"! I paused and Thanked God that my son Matt would have this man in his life, and what a blessing that would be! Ted never let me down! From that time on, Ted painted a portrait for me of what it looks like to live a dedicated life for God, Family, and Friends! God gave Ted the ability to be so uninhibited in his faith that all people, young and old , knew where he stood in his Christian journey!

In closing; I have been given a lot of gifts in my life, but the one I will cherish the most is how Ted lived his life! What a beautiful portrait he left with me!I know and have the assurance that one day Ted & I will rejoice together again!

No comments: